Monday 15 October 2012

Writing Prompt of the Day...Day 2 - Tears

Recently, whenever I have read a book in which a woman is badly treated by someone, or they feel upset about something, I've always felt furious that they never cry, and instead carry on as normal.

Maybe it's just me, as I know that I'm quite an emotional person, but I hate that characters don't seem to cry enough!

Crying is important. Everybody needs a good cry once in a while, it's therapeutic and makes you feel so much better. So why is it that so few heroines seem to cry?

I'm not suggesting that a character should cry every time something goes wrong, but why shouldn't they cry when something really affects them, and they feel at a loss of what to do.

So give your girls some therapeutic crying and venting time. They deserve it just as much as we do!

So here is my writing prompt of the day: Tears.

Whether they are happy or sad tears is up to you, but tears are important and everyone has the right to cry.

X

2 comments:

  1. [...] Writing Prompt of the Day…Day 2 – Tears (oldvictorianquill.wordpress.com) [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] Writing Prompt of the Day…Day 2 – Tears (oldvictorianquill.wordpress.com) [...]

    ReplyDelete