Friday 12 October 2012

Writing Prompt of the Day...Day 1 - Separation

Feeling a little uninspired? The first thing I do when I can't get the words to flow when I'm writing is to find a new prompt.

Grab a dictionary (every writer should have one) and turn to any page. The first word you set eyes on is your prompt. (see my post: The Dictionary Game at http://oldvictorianquill.wordpress.com/2012/09/06/dictionary-game/)

Today my prompt was 'Separation'.

Just this one word has got my muse running riot, I sat in my lecture thinking of all possible short stories or short drabbles I could write purely from the inspiration I had from that one word.

Does the prompt 'separation' get your creative juices flowing?

2 comments:

  1. [...] Writing Prompt of the Day…Day 1 – Separation (oldvictorianquill.wordpress.com) [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] Writing Prompt of the Day…Day 1 – Separation (oldvictorianquill.wordpress.com) [...]

    ReplyDelete