Sunday, 24 November 2013

Book Review ~ 'The Selkie Sorceress (Seal Island Trilogy #3)' by Sophie Moss.

 The Selkie Sorceress (Seal Island Trilogy #3) by Sophie Moss


FINAL2


 'The Selkie Sorceress (Seal Island Trilogy #3)' by Sophie Moss ~ 5 Stars!


Throughout the past two book in the Seal Island Trilogy I have loved the little glimpses we’ve had into Glenna and Sam’s rather turbulent relationship, and was so excited for the third book that would tell their story.


Needless to say I was not disappointed. I absolutely adored every page of this book just as I loved the last ones, and Sophie Moss’ beautiful prose with which I connected to so much was again present, beautiful descriptions of the magical Irish landscape making the story seem so real and familiar as I get drawn into the life of the Islanders.


Glenna’s character is one that has always intrigued me. I loved the fierce protectiveness she had for her friends in the last two books, and her scenes with Sam in Book One when she tried and succeeded to distract him in order to give Tara more time to escape, made me laugh out loud and give a high five for team girl power.  I always admired the strength that Glenna seemed to exude, and felt for her when she had to keep the facade up to protect her and her friends. Although I didn’t agree with the many choices that Glenna made in her past, I understood why she felt the need to act the way she did, and admired her desire to protect others even though it would be dangerous to herself. The relationship she had with her mother Moira was one that pulled at the heartstrings. Moira’s descent into darkness and Glenna’s habit of pushing away the people who care for her was cleverly entwined and I loved how Sam worked away at Glenna to make her see that they were stronger together.


Another part of this story that I really enjoyed was seeing that Owen’s sudden transition to the human world wasn’t as easy on him as you might think. I always had some sympathy for Owen, even though he had found his true family, as I knew that a child would find it difficult to pass over their affections immediately to a new mother. As much as I love Caitlin and Liam, I was so pleased to see that Owen still felt the need to visit Nuala and sit with her. She was the only mother he knew for the majority of his childhood which was mostly underwater in a completely different world. It would be very difficult for him to adjust to the life on land.


I don’t want to spoil the main storyline of the story so will keep this part of the review brief. The storyline, as with the last two books, was so engaging and kept me on my toes throughout. Sophie Moss expertly entwines hints of mystery, fantasy, intrigue and suspense all wrapped up nicely with some beautiful undertones of the love of family and friends and the power of light in the face of darkness. This story neatly wraps up the entire series without leaving me with any questions unanswered. This series is unique in its story and just so beautifully written that it is a treat to read when you just want to escape from the world for a few hours.


5 Stars


goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47


-----


FINAL6


~ Amazon UK ~ Amazon US ~


FINAL8


5318290

Sophie Moss


~ Facebook ~ Goodreads ~ Twitter ~ Website ~

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for reviewing The Selkie Sorceress! I really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete