Wednesday, 30 October 2013

World Fantasy Convention ~ Day 0

Well, today has been a bit of a hectic adventure. After both cars broke down, I ended up getting the train to Brighton to meet my celestial sister and fellow writer K.R. Green so we could head to The Fantasy Convention. That in itself wasn't as much a problem as arriving at the Early Arrivals Reception with a suitcase, rucksack and leaving with a nice collection of free books that any bookworm would drool over, and proceeding to carry the whole lot back up to Brighton Train Station.


Needless to say I was pretty exhausted...


image


But all the free books was totally worth the beetroot red face and screaming back that I sported when finally collapsing onto the floor of my friend's flat. I mean, just look at the prettiness of these books!


image


Umm....but may have a problem getting them all home...


image


And this is only Day 0! Tomorrow is when the real action starts.


So, anyone else going to the Fantasy Convention this weekend? It was announced a couple of hours ago that the new Master of Ceremonies is the amazing Neil Gaiman who wrote Stardust. As well as that there are some great talks scheduled and some of my favourite authors are attending.


I'm super excited for tomorrow and can't wait for these talks!


2 - 3 PM - Genre Fiction in Romance (Hall 4)


3 - 4 PM - Writing Historical Fantasy (Oxford Suite)


4 - 5 PM - Foxed, Slightly Bumped... (Hall 4)


5 - 6 PM - Genre Poetry (Cambridge)


Get in touch if you are going to the convention and want to meet. This is my first convention so I'm both excited and a little nervous!

No comments:

Post a Comment