Saturday, 10 August 2013

Blog Tour and Review ~ 'Now or Never' by A.J. Bennett.

Now or Never_ad_fb


Mrs. Potter’s Book Publicity Services Presents:
A Deluxe Blog Tour For:

NOW OR NEVER

By: A.J. Bennett


Now or Never


~ Book Description ~

Twenty-one year old Grayson Alexander finally breaks away from an abusive relationship and finds herself free for the first time in three years.


Determined to enjoy her new-found freedom, Grayson is intent on sticking with 'no strings attached' relationships—one-night stands, and steamy sex.


But she didn't plan on Derrick.


Her attraction to the sexy man in uniform quickly turns into an unhealthy relationship. They both try to resist the pull, but neither can stay away.


When tragedy strikes, Grayson realizes it's now or never—walk away or make it work.


~ Add “Now or Never” to your Goodreads TBR list ~


goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47


Purchase ‘Now or Never’
~ Amazon UK ~ Amazon US ~ B&N ~ KOBO ~


Now or Never_button ~ My Review – ‘Now or Never’ by A.J. Bennett ~ 5 Stars! ~


I was in given a review copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.


I absolutely loved this story. I had been in a bit of a reading rut for a for the few weeks before I started reading this book, and was so relieved when I picked it up and was immediately drawn into A.J. Bennett’s captivating storytelling. I loved how very ‘real’ the characters were, and how they had flaws that weren’t just skirted over, but made into a huge part of the story allowing for some incredible character growth. I especially loved Grayson’s character and the decisions she made after escaping from an abusive relationship, for her to come to understand what she wanted from life.


Whilst many people may find my view on this very strange, I loved that Grayson dealt with her issues in ways that may make her seem unlikable as the story’s heroine. I loved the tension between Grayson and Derrick that started out as sexual and later became more intense and confusing as they both made choices the other disapproved of. When seeing Grayson try to find her sexual self which had been dominated through years in an unhappy and abusive relationship, I kept mentally shouting at her that she ‘deserved better’. And that was why I loved this book. I really connected to the characters and whilst I didn’t agree with their actions, I could understand why they felt they should act that way.


‘Now or Never’ is a great story of self-discovery and I was pleased that A.J. Bennett didn’t merely give Grayson and Derrick an easy journey, but had them do things that young people do, and then learn from their mistakes. There were no apologies given for the way that Grayson and Derrick gave themselves, and each other, less than they deserved, which brilliantly helped to develop their characters through the course of the book as the fall-outs caused through their actions made them begin to see the error of their ways.


The style of writing was fluid and great to read, as the story flowed at a good pace and didn’t leave me wishing for a bigger build-up or aftermath to the main action. The descriptions of the town were wonderful and I really felt as though I could see the town before me, and the atmosphere and characters inside the coffee shop.


A.J. Bennett delivered a truly wonderful read, which as well as giving me the satisfaction of seeing Grayson and Derrick’s relationship unfold, also gave a realistic view on a young woman’s journey of self-discovery.


5 Stars and a definite recommended read.


aj head



~ Author Bio ~

A.J. Bennett lives in Nashville, TN with her husband and bulldog. She's addicted to coffee, popcorn and books. Becoming an author has been a lifelong dream, and she's extremely excited about her debut novel ‘Now or Never’.



~ Follow Author A.J. Bennett ~

~ Facebook ~ Goodreads ~ Twitter ~ Website ~


~ Tour Giveaway! ~


Enter to win the prizes below!
~ Rafflecopter Giveaway ~
a Rafflecopter giveaway


~ Click the button below to follow along with the ‘Now or Never’ tour! ~ 



 photo 8719a8d4-bf86-44ee-a928-83fa443eb873_zps72af0dd1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment